Free Tai Chi Information Site
Free Tai chi information and sharing is what this site is all about. It does not matter what style you wish to learn or are learning. This site is open to, and has information on, all forms and will not be biased to one style over another.
We encourage you to submit your stories, add your tai chi school to a school directory we will be making soon, share your experiences, and knowledge of the journey through this incredible form of chinese health care and Combat art so that we may share free tai chi information that can help to benefit everyone.
Tai chi has been a large part of Chinese culture for a long time and has now started to grow in popularity in the west, for its health and well being benefits and as a martial art.
"Tai chi can be likened to a large and healthy tree, with strong, supple, roots that twist and turn their way into the earth, forming a solid foundation. From which the trunk and branches are formed. The basic cornerstones are the roots and trunk of the tree, providing the strength and support for it’s many branches.
The branches are like the many different skills, uses for, and benefits gained from having tai chi and the increase of energy in our lives.
Just as you start to feel the tree has grown to it tallest, the roots travel deeper, the trunk grows wider and taller, stronger and more and more branches emerge to be explored. Our hope is that by sharing free tai chi information that the tree will grow into a vast forest of knowledge."
It is true what was told to me by one of my most respected teachers.
“No one has done tai chi “
[Quote by: Grand Master Robert Gemmell, S.C.F.A]
Which is to say, there are those who are learning, or doing, but to say you have done is to say that it has an ending, a finish line, if you will, that once crossed signifies the completion of the journey and that all there is to know about this beautiful art form is known and has been discovered.
But the truth is the tree is continually growing, re-growing new branches putting down deeper roots producing new fruits and dropping more seeds that will grow into more trees in this endless forest.
That where free tai chi information comes in handy, to help with our exploration and journey.
- You may feel that you could use the health benefits of Tai chi ?
- Want to Improve your health ?
- Are wondered if this form of chinese exercise is right for you ?
- Wanted to learn more about it ?
- Are learning and wish to study the art form in more detail ?
- Wanting to learn some basic tai chi movements ?
- Lower your blood pressure ?
- Find balance ?
- Increase energy ?
- Seek information on advanced techniques ?
- Are learning a external martial art and wish to start to balance this with an internal art ?
The list would almost surly continue on indifferently.
Tai Chi How To And All Those Other Tai Chi Questions
My hope is that through this web site we can help to answer some of those tai chi how to questions, and share as much of our knowledge and experiences with each other as possible, for the benefit of all. We will endeavor to update with at least a new page on free Tai chi information every week.
Our hope is that this site may help to benefit and enrich our and your life's.
So take your time relax and enjoy this web sites free
information and advise.
Bookmark this site or use the rss feed (under the navigation bar) to keep you up to
date when a new page is added and return to enjoy and relax some more in the future, and please if you have any questions, want to share stories of your journey please do. We will do our best to help you or publish your story on these pages so that the may benefit others on the path and keep the flow of this free tai chi information going.
- The Tao Of Tai Chi Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Tao Of Tai Chi web site. Subscribe here.
- Tai Chi Movements
- Tai chi movements or forms activates and flows energy through the body.
- Tai Chi Chuan Styles
- Tai Chi Chuan styles are many and varied, as are the tai chi forms, still they all follow the basic principles of the tai chi movements.
- Tai Chi Chen Style
- Tai chi Chen style was the first of the Tai Chi Chuan styles. It was created, as the Ming Dynasty was about to become the Qing Dynasty in 17th century China.
- Tai Chi Yang Style
- tai chi Yang style has a moderate and easy flowing method of the makes it easily learned by the majority of people and this is why it has such a great following and has become the most popular of all the tai chi styles.
- Wu Tai Chi
- Wu Tai chi, which is also known as Hao style, Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) has a set of strict requirements regarding its practice. From the external to the internal, each requirement is clearly stated.
- Sun Style Tai Chi
- Sun style tai chi is characterized by lively steps- forward or backward steps are always followed by the other foot.
- Silk Reeling Energy
- The function of silk reeling energy is to unify the body and connect the energy throughout the body with the datian so that it can reinforce movements of all parts of the body.
- Tai Chi Symbol
- Tai Chi symbol relates to the flow of the opposite energy that makes up the law of the universe.
- Tai Chi Benefits
- Tai chi benefits have been studied in more depth over the past 30 or so years, by western medicine which is of course prescribing tai chi now as a low impact exercise. Tai chi exercise reduces stress.
- Tai Chi Sword
- Tai Chi Sword, best tips and hints. At an overall length of about 3 feet, The double edged sword is A good tool to use to judge overall Tai chi proficiency
- Tai chi Sword Maintenance And Sword Care
- Tai chi sword maintenance and care, best tips on the web for caring for your sword
- sword modifying, how to make a sword
- Sword Modifying, or how to make a Tai chi sword fit just right for you. Great tips for customizing your sword
- How to balance a sword tai chi sword balance
- How to balance a sword or, a tai chi sword in particular is not as tricky as you may think.
- Tai Chi Sword Integrity
- Tai Chi Sword Integrity best tips on how to fix you sword
- Sword sharpness sharpening a sword
- Sword sharpness comes after sword balance and integrity in the order of the sword, how to.
- Tai Chi How To
- Tai chi how to is a page that answers some of those how to questions that pop up to do with tai chi. Please if you have a how to question that you would like answered use our contact us page and we will try to answer it for you.
- Great Health Links
- Here are a few great health links we have found for you on the internet. You never know when some of these great health links might come in handy. We will be adding to these links all the time so, come back to check this page out often.
- add an article to the tao of tai chi
- Like to add an article about tai chi? Do it here
- contact us
- Contact the tao of Tai chi
- Tai chi news from around the world
- Tai Chi World News, The best up to the minute breaking world tai chi news and headlines. You can even leave a comment and your opinion.