Tai Chi Chen Style
Tai chi Chen style was the first of the Tai Chi Chuan styles
. It was created, as the Ming Dynasty was about to become the Qing Dynasty, in 17th century China.
It was the product of the genius martial arts mind of Chen Wangting of Wen while in Henan province China.
Chen Tai Chi Chuan can be called the mother to all the other Tai Chi Chuan styles as it was the first recorded style.
Chen style was handed down through the Chen family of Chenjiagou village from generation to generation .
The Chen School of Tai chi is one of the major branches of wushu ( fighting arts) in China today.
Tai Chi Chen Style Execution
Chen style is performed in a continuous and relaxed manner, all of the tai chi movements are circular and the energy (chi) spiraling and coiling like a spring.
Chen Tai Chi Chuan is made up of fast and slow, Hard and soft movements, fajin (issuing energy), leaps, stomping of the feet. It has windings, twists, and turns (chanrao zhuan zhe) and the movement of energy is distinctly
spiral, or screw-like.
Chen style method unites dantian nei zhuan “turning the dantian within”.
It requires that the mind be in command of the Chi ( the flow of vital energy ) which in turn activates the body. This is done to gain the best effects and to exercise both the internal and external parts of the body together at the same time.
The Chen school of Tai chi chuan teaches both attack and defense as well as the health side to this art form and is suitable to people of all ages and walks of life.
Tai chi chen style and other styles of tai chi can be found on this page.
Would you like to add an article to this site?, or advertise your tai chi school for free?
Want to keep up to date as new pages are added to this site? click on the RSS feed on the left under the navigation bar.
Back to the Tao Of Tai Chi Home page
- The Tao Of Tai Chi Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Tao Of Tai Chi web site. Subscribe here.
- Tai Chi Movements
- Tai chi movements or forms activates and flows energy through the body.
- Tai Chi Chuan Styles
- Tai Chi Chuan styles are many and varied, as are the tai chi forms, still they all follow the basic principles of the tai chi movements.
- Tai Chi Chen Style
- Tai chi Chen style was the first of the Tai Chi Chuan styles. It was created, as the Ming Dynasty was about to become the Qing Dynasty in 17th century China.
- Tai Chi Yang Style
- tai chi Yang style has a moderate and easy flowing method of the makes it easily learned by the majority of people and this is why it has such a great following and has become the most popular of all the tai chi styles.
- Wu Tai Chi
- Wu Tai chi, which is also known as Hao style, Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) has a set of strict requirements regarding its practice. From the external to the internal, each requirement is clearly stated.
- Sun Style Tai Chi
- Sun style tai chi is characterized by lively steps- forward or backward steps are always followed by the other foot.
- Silk Reeling Energy
- The function of silk reeling energy is to unify the body and connect the energy throughout the body with the datian so that it can reinforce movements of all parts of the body.
- Tai Chi Symbol
- Tai Chi symbol relates to the flow of the opposite energy that makes up the law of the universe.
- Tai Chi Benefits
- Tai chi benefits have been studied in more depth over the past 30 or so years, by western medicine which is of course prescribing tai chi now as a low impact exercise. Tai chi exercise reduces stress.
- Tai Chi Sword
- Tai Chi Sword, best tips and hints. At an overall length of about 3 feet, The double edged sword is A good tool to use to judge overall Tai chi proficiency
- Tai chi Sword Maintenance And Sword Care
- Tai chi sword maintenance and care, best tips on the web for caring for your sword
- sword modifying, how to make a sword
- Sword Modifying, or how to make a Tai chi sword fit just right for you. Great tips for customizing your sword
- How to balance a sword tai chi sword balance
- How to balance a sword or, a tai chi sword in particular is not as tricky as you may think.
- Tai Chi Sword Integrity
- Tai Chi Sword Integrity best tips on how to fix you sword
- Sword sharpness sharpening a sword
- Sword sharpness comes after sword balance and integrity in the order of the sword, how to.
- Tai Chi How To
- Tai chi how to is a page that answers some of those how to questions that pop up to do with tai chi. Please if you have a how to question that you would like answered use our contact us page and we will try to answer it for you.
- Great Health Links
- Here are a few great health links we have found for you on the internet. You never know when some of these great health links might come in handy. We will be adding to these links all the time so, come back to check this page out often.
- add an article to the tao of tai chi
- Like to add an article about tai chi? Do it here
- contact us
- Contact the tao of Tai chi
- Tai chi news from around the world
- Tai Chi World News, The best up to the minute breaking world tai chi news and headlines. You can even leave a comment and your opinion.