Exercise Reduces Stress
Exercise reduces stress? Yes it does and it's a well known fact that exercise also increases your overall health and fitness and your sense of well being, and in turn, has a positive effect on your mood.
But the less know fact is exercise also has some direct stress busting benefits.
Exercise Reduces Stress? How Does It Do That?
Lets take a look at some of the reasons why exercise is such a great stress buster.
Exercise is meditation in movement, as you start to exercise your focus is on your breathing and the moment. This is why if you are worried about a problem before you start to exercise by the time you have finish, the problem has more often than not been forgotten about.
Exercise increases the production feel-good neurotransmitters, called endorphins. This is commonly called an exercise high, It's a natural way of improving your mood and combating depression. Tai chi calls it inner smiling but has many ways to achieve it not just through exercise alone.
Exercise can provide an outlet for negative emotions.You can make these feelings disappear by simply taking it out on punching a bag, hitting a ball against a wall etc.
Regular exercise helps us to manage the fight or flight response.It helps the body to return to balanced and stable state faster.
Exercise suppress Cortisol, the hormone that produces stress
which in turn results in a better mental outlook on things to do with our lives.
Regular exercise leads to better health and we being and improvements in physical appearance, which leads us to feel good about ourselves and contributes to a more positive mood as well.
This is just some of the reasons that all the experts agree exercise and stress management go hand and hand.
Tai Chi Exercise Reduces Stress In The Body
Tai chi exercises do not just relax the mind, they also relax the body as well, because tai chi benefits and works on the mind and body together simultaneously. Which of course reduces stress that builds up daily in the body, especially in today's busy modern world. It is a low impact exercise and as such, does not stress the body, and a great seniors exercise.
Tai chi is a form of moving mediation, as such you get both the physical improvements from the exercise and the mental.
This is a very important fact to know, and Tai chi provides you with the tools to feel where the days stress are trapped in your body. For example, through learning tai chi movements, you will feel that a lot of stress gets trapped in the shoulders. That is one of the reasons that tai chi requires you to drop the shoulders down.
Try this now if you like : Stand up, hands by you sides and then drop your shoulders down. Feel the stress drop off from your shoulders?
This is only one of the techniques that shows that tai chi exercise reduces stress, in the body. There are a lot more of course and a lot more benefits of tai chi and we will hit on more of them throughout this web site.
Tai Chi Breathing Exercise Reduces Stress In The Mind
Tai Chi breathing exercises create a state of calm and relaxation, that is hard to match in any other form of exercise, Reduces stress, anxiety and tension, and seems to make any other ailments melt away as you focus on the here and now.
Deep continuous breath also increases lung capacity and increases blood flow to the vital organs.
Would you like more Info on how exercise reduces stress, or how to get stress relief? Try this link.
If tai chi exercise reduces stress then what are the other benefits of tai chi?
Cycling is another ideal activity. You can enjoy being outside, or you can cycle in the comfort of your home on a stationary bike - or both! For some great information on fitness and fun through cycling go to www.bicycle-riding-for-boomers.com.
Would you like to add an article to this site?, or advertise your tai chi school for free?
Back to the Tao Of Tai Chi Home page
Want to keep up to date as new pages are added to this site? click on the RSS feed on the left under the navigation bar.
- The Tao Of Tai Chi Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Tao Of Tai Chi web site. Subscribe here.
- Tai Chi Movements
- Tai chi movements or forms activates and flows energy through the body.
- Tai Chi Chuan Styles
- Tai Chi Chuan styles are many and varied, as are the tai chi forms, still they all follow the basic principles of the tai chi movements.
- Tai Chi Chen Style
- Tai chi Chen style was the first of the Tai Chi Chuan styles. It was created, as the Ming Dynasty was about to become the Qing Dynasty in 17th century China.
- Tai Chi Yang Style
- tai chi Yang style has a moderate and easy flowing method of the makes it easily learned by the majority of people and this is why it has such a great following and has become the most popular of all the tai chi styles.
- Wu Tai Chi
- Wu Tai chi, which is also known as Hao style, Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) has a set of strict requirements regarding its practice. From the external to the internal, each requirement is clearly stated.
- Sun Style Tai Chi
- Sun style tai chi is characterized by lively steps- forward or backward steps are always followed by the other foot.
- Silk Reeling Energy
- The function of silk reeling energy is to unify the body and connect the energy throughout the body with the datian so that it can reinforce movements of all parts of the body.
- Tai Chi Symbol
- Tai Chi symbol relates to the flow of the opposite energy that makes up the law of the universe.
- Tai Chi Benefits
- Tai chi benefits have been studied in more depth over the past 30 or so years, by western medicine which is of course prescribing tai chi now as a low impact exercise. Tai chi exercise reduces stress.
- Tai Chi Sword
- Tai Chi Sword, best tips and hints. At an overall length of about 3 feet, The double edged sword is A good tool to use to judge overall Tai chi proficiency
- Tai chi Sword Maintenance And Sword Care
- Tai chi sword maintenance and care, best tips on the web for caring for your sword
- sword modifying, how to make a sword
- Sword Modifying, or how to make a Tai chi sword fit just right for you. Great tips for customizing your sword
- How to balance a sword tai chi sword balance
- How to balance a sword or, a tai chi sword in particular is not as tricky as you may think.
- Tai Chi Sword Integrity
- Tai Chi Sword Integrity best tips on how to fix you sword
- Sword sharpness sharpening a sword
- Sword sharpness comes after sword balance and integrity in the order of the sword, how to.
- Tai Chi How To
- Tai chi how to is a page that answers some of those how to questions that pop up to do with tai chi. Please if you have a how to question that you would like answered use our contact us page and we will try to answer it for you.
- Great Health Links
- Here are a few great health links we have found for you on the internet. You never know when some of these great health links might come in handy. We will be adding to these links all the time so, come back to check this page out often.
- add an article to the tao of tai chi
- Like to add an article about tai chi? Do it here
- contact us
- Contact the tao of Tai chi
- Tai chi news from around the world
- Tai Chi World News, The best up to the minute breaking world tai chi news and headlines. You can even leave a comment and your opinion.