Yin And Yang Balance
Yin and yang balance in tai chi means to balance the two opposing forces of the great polarity Yin and Yang within the body. Yin can be described as static and at rest and Yang described as dynamic and active.
When these to opposing forces are at balance, then the the tissues, organs, and blood, of the body will be resistant to disease and will be healthy and disease free.
The balance also keeps the mind focused in all situations. Not to active and not to un active. This helps keep a cool head in situations that require it and to act in situations where action is required.
The way of achieving this balance of the mind requires you to learn to relax the mind and to take charge of mental activities. Calming the mind is necessary to alleviate pressure and stress. This will then help lead to balance of the mind and body.
Internal energy Cultivating methods which are learned in tai chi are used to relax the mind and diminish pressure and stress.
Tai Chi Exercise To Help Achieve Yin And Yang Balance
Here is one of the tai chi movements which help achieve the balance of yin and yang , and is common to all styles of tai chi. It is a balance exercise, reduces stress, and gets the body ready to perform the rest of the tai chi form.
The opening form : Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent, and arms by your sides. Relax the shoulders, round them off. This can be done by inhaling and pulling the shoulders up (stress) and then as you exhale drop the shoulders down with the same timing of your breath which should be a slow exhale (relax).
Stand like this inhaling and exhaling in a relaxed manner with deep breaths in and out. Feel that the breath is coming in through the dantian (about three finger down from your belly button) and out through your nose.
You should keep doing this until you feel relaxed and stress free.
Now left both hands up to about shoulder height in front of the body with the fingers trailing and pointing down, make sure your elbows are bent slightly. breath in during this movement.
round off the shoulders and let your arms drop back down, trailing the fingers pointing up to the sky. breath out through this movement.
When the hands reach dantian let your fingers face the front, as if you had your hands on a table.
Now move your hands back to your sides, and your done.
This yin and yang balance exercises will help the body re adjust to a balanced state. It will replenish consumed energy and help to maintain good health. It is also a good tai chi exercise to relieve built up stress.
Now you read about Yin and Yang balance would you like to go Back to the tai chi movements page
Would you like to add an article to this site?, or advertise your tai chi school for free?
Want to keep up to date as new pages are added to this site? click on the RSS feed on the left under the navigation bar.
Back to the Tao Of Tai Chi Home page
- The Tao Of Tai Chi Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Tao Of Tai Chi web site. Subscribe here.
- Tai Chi Movements
- Tai chi movements or forms activates and flows energy through the body.
- Tai Chi Chuan Styles
- Tai Chi Chuan styles are many and varied, as are the tai chi forms, still they all follow the basic principles of the tai chi movements.
- Tai Chi Chen Style
- Tai chi Chen style was the first of the Tai Chi Chuan styles. It was created, as the Ming Dynasty was about to become the Qing Dynasty in 17th century China.
- Tai Chi Yang Style
- tai chi Yang style has a moderate and easy flowing method of the makes it easily learned by the majority of people and this is why it has such a great following and has become the most popular of all the tai chi styles.
- Wu Tai Chi
- Wu Tai chi, which is also known as Hao style, Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) has a set of strict requirements regarding its practice. From the external to the internal, each requirement is clearly stated.
- Sun Style Tai Chi
- Sun style tai chi is characterized by lively steps- forward or backward steps are always followed by the other foot.
- Silk Reeling Energy
- The function of silk reeling energy is to unify the body and connect the energy throughout the body with the datian so that it can reinforce movements of all parts of the body.
- Tai Chi Symbol
- Tai Chi symbol relates to the flow of the opposite energy that makes up the law of the universe.
- Tai Chi Benefits
- Tai chi benefits have been studied in more depth over the past 30 or so years, by western medicine which is of course prescribing tai chi now as a low impact exercise. Tai chi exercise reduces stress.
- Tai Chi Sword
- Tai Chi Sword, best tips and hints. At an overall length of about 3 feet, The double edged sword is A good tool to use to judge overall Tai chi proficiency
- Tai chi Sword Maintenance And Sword Care
- Tai chi sword maintenance and care, best tips on the web for caring for your sword
- sword modifying, how to make a sword
- Sword Modifying, or how to make a Tai chi sword fit just right for you. Great tips for customizing your sword
- How to balance a sword tai chi sword balance
- How to balance a sword or, a tai chi sword in particular is not as tricky as you may think.
- Tai Chi Sword Integrity
- Tai Chi Sword Integrity best tips on how to fix you sword
- Sword sharpness sharpening a sword
- Sword sharpness comes after sword balance and integrity in the order of the sword, how to.
- Tai Chi How To
- Tai chi how to is a page that answers some of those how to questions that pop up to do with tai chi. Please if you have a how to question that you would like answered use our contact us page and we will try to answer it for you.
- Great Health Links
- Here are a few great health links we have found for you on the internet. You never know when some of these great health links might come in handy. We will be adding to these links all the time so, come back to check this page out often.
- add an article to the tao of tai chi
- Like to add an article about tai chi? Do it here
- contact us
- Contact the tao of Tai chi
- Tai chi news from around the world
- Tai Chi World News, The best up to the minute breaking world tai chi news and headlines. You can even leave a comment and your opinion.